The purpose of this Plasma Physics program at Princeton University is to provide strong interdisciplinary support and training for graduate students working in these areas.
- The scope of interest includes fundamental studies of the plasmas, their interaction with surfaces and surroundings, and the technologies associated with their applications.
- The faculty responsible for the teaching program hold positions within the Department of Astrophysical Sciences. Recognizable on the list of faculty are many names associated with classic textbooks or research papers in the field of plasma physics.
- Graduate students entering the Program in Plasma Physics spend the first two years in classroom study, acquiring a foundation in the many disciplines that make up plasma physics: classical and quantum mechanics, electricity and magnetism, fluid dynamics, hydrodynamics, atomic physics, applied mathematics, statistical mechanics, and kinetic theory.
- The curriculum is supplemented by courses offered in other departments of the University and by a student-oriented seminar series in which PPPL physicists share their expertise and graduate students present their research.
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 14 other PhDs in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Academic Purpose
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendation Letters
- Fall Semester Grades
- Required Tests
- English Language Tests
Living costs for Princeton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Sources of Funding
- External Funding
- Veteran's Benefits
- Travel Grants
- Education Loans and Work Study
- Assistance Programs
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.