Developmental and Stem Cell Biology from University of California, San Francisco includes more than eighty UCSF Faculty members from various clinical and basic science departments and with diverse interests. Most DSCB Faculty have ongoing laboratory projects that span multiple thematic areas.
Students at Developmental and Stem Cell Biology from University of California, San Francisco will gain knowledge in:
- Stem Cells and Cell Differentiation
- Organogenesis and Tissue Regeneration
- Pattern Formation and Morphogenesis
- Evolutionary Developmental Biology
- Biological and Medical Informatics
- Biochemistry - Idea to IPO…& Beyond
- Bioengineering - Tissue Mechanobiology
- Oral & Craniofacial Science - Extracellular Matrices
- Letters of recommendation
- Students with backgrounds in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, physics and related fields, are welcome to apply, providing they have demonstrated a high level of academic proficiency (generally a grade point average of 3.2 or higher in relevant science courses).
- The minimum requirement for application to the DSCB program is a Baccalaureate degree; a Master's degree is not a prerequisite for admission.
- Scores from the GRE general test are OPTIONAL (TOEFL/IELTS scores for foreign applicants are required) and an official transcript from all institutes of higher learning attended are also required.
- Evidence of exposure to scientific research, generally as participation in a research project during at least one summer, is regarded as an important attribute of the successful applicant.
International11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 60 months.
National11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.