About the Program
The Nutrition and Health Sciences program of Emory University integrates three perspectives on nutrition: biochemical, clinical, and population. The biochemical level considers how nutrients participate in biochemical processes at the molecular level and affect processes such as gene expression. The clinical level is concerned with the impact of nutrition on individuals' metabolism and health, and with the role of nutrition in treating and managing disease. At the population level, nutrition science focuses on epidemiologic studies of diet and health, on the determinants of dietary practices, and on community based interventions to affect nutrition and improve health on a national and international level.The NHS program is committed to a curriculum and research that addresses important questions about nutrition and human health and the interface between these perspectives.
- Human Nutrition
- Nutritional Assessment
- Translational and Interdisciplinary Public Health
- Diet and Chronic Disease
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 154 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- $75 application fee.
- A completed online application to the Laney Graduate School. The application is available on the Laney Graduate School website.
- A copy of a transcript for each university you have attended. This transcript must be issued by the Registrar’s Office (a copy issued to the student is fine) and cannot be printed from the University’s web site.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Statement of purpose – Your statement of purpose should be approximately 500 words (2 pages double spaced) in length and should describe your reasons for pursuing a PhD in Nutrition and Health Sciences, your research interests, and why you feel the NHS doctoral program is a good fit for your doctoral training.
- A CV or resume
- The general test of the GRE is accepted but not required.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required if your native language is not English.
International43800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21900 USD per semester during 60 months.
National43800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21900 USD per semester during 60 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.